Friday, June 29, 2012

2012/13 Home Jersey (Replica)



I've already got about 18 jerseys, which I'll post up in intervals so I have some new stuff up every couple of days. I chose to start off with the more recently released jerseys as, if anyone likes them, you'll still be able to buy them online. Nike makes two styles of jerseys: replica (which are cheaper, have stitched crests & are a bit heavier) & authentic (which are nearly twice as much, have ironed on crests & have a smoother and lightweight material, these are worn by the players).

The 2012/13 Home Jersey is one which was highly controversial during its announcement, either you hated it or you loved it. Mostly everyone agrees that it was inspired by Waldo (or Wally in some countries). The interchanging red and white hoops symbolize the stripes on the US Flag, the kit is paired up with blue shorts to represent the blue in our flag as well. I'm a fan of the kit as a whole because it screams "USA!"

I chose not to get any player name or number on this one because it would've meant I had to wait longer to get it, I'm quite impatient, haha


No comments:

Post a Comment